Munich, 13. January 2019 11:00 to 12:30
An exhibition at the Museum of Architecture at the Pinakothek der Moderne, which marks the 150th anniversary of the TU Munich, sheds light on the architectural history of the Kingdom of Bavaria during the reign of Ludwig II (1864-1886). The regional group Munich gets a guided tour in English through the exhibition, which provides the first ever survey of the buildings constructed under his aegis, and of the projects that went unrealised. The focus is not just on the world-famous royal palaces and the spectacular theatre projects which Ludwig II personally commissioned, but also on the public and private architectural developments of his time. These include prominent buildings such as the Munich Rathaus (Town Hall), the Munich Academy of Fine Arts and the ‘Bayreuth Festival Theatre‘, but also buildings which are less well-known, but are architecturally outstanding and of cultural-historical significance, such as the original building of the ‘New Polytechnic School’ (now TU) in Munich, the synagogues in Munich and Nuremberg, the factory buildings of the Augsburg textile quarter and the ephemeral architecture created for the ‘Bayerische Landes-, Industrie-, Gewerbe- und Kunstausstellung‘, held in 1882 in Nuremberg.
(text based on: www.pinakothek.de)
(Text basierend auf www.pinakothek.de)